Does Excessive Dieting Lead to Hair Loss?
There are plenty of myths of hair loss that operate in our society and are spread through rumors. So let’s take a look at these myths and demystify them in the process.
- Myth:Living in an air conditioned environment can lead to hair loss.
Fact:Living in an air conditioned environment does lead to dry hair. But there isn’t any evidence found as yet that such an environment can cause hair loss.
- Myth:If you are losing hair every day that means you will soon be bald.
Fact: Everyday a normal human being loses around 100 hairs. But if you believe that you are losing more than that quantity then you should visit a dermatologist.
- Myth:If you smoothen or straighten your hair with hair care products you will lose more hair.
Fact: You will not lose hair by using hair care products. But if you believe you are losing more hair than normal you can stop using these products for a while and observe if there are any changes.
- Myth: If you massage your scalp it will not lead to hair loss.
Fact: Blood circulation isn’t known to boost hair growth. If you brush your hair frequently then yes you are bound to lose hair.
- Myth: If you cut your hair then thicker hair will grow in their place.
Fact: Cutting your hair doesn’t lead to growth of hair. They feel thicker after a haircut because they are thicker at the base.
- Myth: If you wash your hair every day you will strip them off essential nutrients.
Fact: If you wash your hair daily with a good shampoo it will rejuvenate your hair and make them healthy and shiny.
- Myth: If you blow dry your hair it won’t lead to hair loss.
Fact: Blow drying can cause certain damage to your hair. Just that its impact is very minimal.
- Myth: If you stand on your head, it will cure hair loss.
Fact: It won’t do you any good. Increasing blood circulation in the scalp region has no effect on hair growth.
- Myth: If you remain in the sun for too long it will lead to hair loss.
Fact: Hair loss is known to occur only at the level of follicles. Instead your hairs act as a shield to protect roots of hair from harmful effects of sun.
- Myth: If you wash your hair with cold water you will be able to cure baldness.
Fact: Washing hair with cold water every morning does increase blood circulation within the head but it doesn’t affect baldness or hair growth in any way.