It may sound surprising, but the next time you go on a diet, be ready to battle hair loss too. When you start losing weight – whether by exercising more or eating less – the body takes it as early signs of starvation. As a result, it initiates a protective mechanism. The energy that is usually available for less important functions like hair growth is directed towards more important functions like preserving muscles. Therefore, when hair falls out after resting phase to make way for new hair, they can’t be replaced due to lack of energy.
Stress and hormonal changes during weight loss can sometimes contribute towards hair loss too. While all this does sound troubling, it shouldn’t deter you from losing those needless kilos. These simple home remedies for hair fall during weight loss ensure you get a toned body without ending up with a bald scalp:
- While dieting requires some restriction on calorie intake, it shouldn’t entirely deprive the body of its energy. Sufficient calorie intake is necessary, even during dieting. An ideal daily calorie limit is ten times your target body weight.
- Protein promotes both muscle and hair growth. So make sure to include enough of it in your diet.
- Include fruits, vegetables and whole grains in your diet. While fruits and vegetables contain vitamins A, C and E, and zinc, whole grains supplies the body with iron. All these contribute towards hair growth.
- Consider nutritional supplements such as multivitamin too to ensure you get all necessary vitamins and minerals.
- It is advisable to lose no more than 1-kilo weight a week. Weigh yourself about once a week to ensure your weight loss doesn’t put you at the risk of hair loss.
These ideas can act as an effective hair fall treatment during dieting. Weight loss is indeed essential for overweight people since obesity is one of the most dangerous diseases in the world. Weight loss does not only lead to a toned body but a healthy future as well. Get rid of your potentially dangerous fat by incorporating these simple ideas into your daily life.
Meanwhile, it is important to note that hair fall might not always be a result of weight loss. The coincidence can also be a result of male pattern baldness or other diseases, which these ideas would be fruitless against. So if hair loss persists despite implementing these ideas, consider undergoing hair transplantation in Delhi for a definitive solution to the problem.