-Hair transplantation is a delicate process, one that must be taken under a skilled surgeon. As beneficial is hair transplantation, equally important is the post-procedure care that you give your mane the best results.
Here are a few small points that if adhered to, will give you the optimal look that you desire for:
- Avoid alcoholic beverages for at least 7 days post-surgical procedure as it may cause blood thinning and lead to bleeding. The doctor may also prescribe you pain killers for 2-3 days right after the procedure, which should not be taken with alcohol as it may result in extreme drowsiness and even coma.
- Though you must disclose every medicine you are taking, or have taken in the past few weeks, steer clear of every other medication except what the doctor has suggested for few days after hair transplantation treatment. Consult your doctor to discuss it beforehand.
- Refrain from physical exercises like running, weight lifting, aerobics, as well as sports like football, basketball, cricket, etc., for a minimum of 3 days after the hair transplantation. Intense activities like these can cause problems like bleeding, loss of grafts, and swelling around the forehead.
- Keep your head elevated for a minimum of 48 hours, post procedure, even while sleeping. Prop your head using several pillows. This will prevent swelling on the forehead. Do not bend down, or lift anything for a minimum of 7 days.
- The graft area may itch after the procedure, but it is highly recommended to not apply water on it, or scratch it. The itching will gradually subside, if you follow the cleaning process suggested by the doctor.
It is very important to get hair transplantation done under only the best hair transplant surgeon who is known for its highly advanced medical treatment. Small precautions and measures like the ones stated above will give you a mane that looks fuller and a personality that shines brighter.