While you are looking for the best hair transplant surgeon in town, keep in mind that this procedure is essentially a team effort.
What Happens in a Hair Transplant Procedure?
In a typical hair transplant procedure, the surgeon removes the donor tissue from the back side of your scalp and moves on the suturing the area closed. The tissue is handed over to the technicians for further dissection into grafts.
These grafts are then placed into the balding area by a team of technicians under the supervision of the surgeon. It is the practice of hiring medical technicians to perform this procedure that makes facilitates the placement of thousands of grafts within a single session.
Looking for the Best Surgeon
To start your search, is it recommended that you speak with your family physician for names of some of the best surgeons in town. They will be able to guide you from a medical and technical perspective and make sure that you visit someone that ensures the best possible results. It is also recommended that you speak with family and friends for personal recommendations and experiences.
Speaking with the Surgeons
During your first consultancy, make it a point to openly ask your surgeon about how long he or she has been working with their current team. While many larger clinics have a higher staff turnover rate, chances are still, that they hire some of the best technicians available in the business.
In addition to this, also consider the following –
- Check with the surgeon if he or she can provide you with a minimum of 10 sets of before and after images that are shot at the same angle, with the same lighting and background. These pictures are a great way to make sure that there is no room for any discrepancies when your case is looked at objectively.
- Make sure that the images you receive provide a clear shot of your hairline along with the mid anterior scalp. Also check if you are liable to receive pictures of the donor scars that were created at the back of your scalp after the hair bearing tissue was taken out.
- When speaking with a technician, surgeon or representative make it a point to ask for a sufficient number of references that you can get in touch with to understand their experiences with the surgeon and the staff of the clinic you are prospectively considering. It is best if you are able to find other physicians who have gone under the knife with this surgeon for their hair transplant.
- Find patients that have similar skin and hair characteristics such as you. It is important that you take into account their experiences to assess the possibilities that await you with a specific surgeon or procedure. This way you will be able to arrive at a realistic expectation out of your transplant project.
If you are considering undergoing the follicular unit hair transplantation, make sure you ask the following questions to your surgeons-
- How are the grafts dissected? Ideally, this needs to be done microscopically.
- What kind of machines do the technicians use? Make sure that they use stereo-microscopes.
- For how long have the technicians been familiar with the use of these microscopes for dissection?
- How many stereo-microscopes will be used for your procedure?
- Does your surgeon use a single-bladed knife to remove the donor strip?
By signing up for a transplant procedure with leading surgeons such as Dr. Gaurang Krishna and Dr. Pankaj Chaturvedi in Delhi, you will be rest assured that the best methodologies and transplant technologies are put to use for your treatment.