Strip method of hair transplantation
Strip method of hair transplantation is another effective method used in hospitals for growing hair. It is not as bad as other clinics depict it to be. Though there are a few shortcomings of this method as considered against the FUE procedure, yet it does have certain advantages as well.
In this method of transplantation, a streak of skin is removed from the main source (where the hair are dominant) and then the hair grafts are separated from it and transplanted on the area where the individual wants the hair to grow. The area from where the hair were originally extracted from, are stitched with the help of sutures. This takes a couple of weeks to heal. After two weeks or so the cut is entirely healed, the procedure leaves a scar which will only be visible when an individual completely plans to get his head shaved. The most prominent disadvantage of this procedure is lesser yield than FUE hair transplant technique or Perfect-i technique. The wound also takes a lot of healing time but nonetheless it is much faster and cheaper than Follicular Unit Extraction procedure and can be considered if you wish to go for economical hair transplantation.
- The focal area from which the grafts of hair have to be obtained is first anaesthetized, and then the scalp is cut with a blade to obtain a piece of skin containing the grafts.
- The area is simultaneously stitched with the help of sutures.
- Once the follicular unit is obtained then the next step is to obtain the intact follicular grafts/units.
- The intact follicular grafts/units then are separated with the help of fibre optic microscopes so that they don’t come in direct contact with heat which is liable to harm the follicles.
- Once that is done, these follicles of hair are stored in a special salt solution at an optimum temperature so that they may be placed on the area that requires the hair transplantation.
- Areas which require hair transplantation are then marked by the doctor to carry out the final step.
- In the end the follicles are placed on the target areas. Hairs are finally grafted with forceps by a surgeon who is an expert in the field of hair transplantation.
Advantages of Strip Method of Hair Transplantation
The most prominent advantage of this method/procedure is that it can be carried out in a single sitting and thousands of hair grafts can be performed. The cheapness and affordability of the procedure makes it a great choice among patients.