Most people end up frantically looking for hair loss prevention techniques just around the time it is already too late. It is important that you find ways to prevent hair loss way before you hair begins to thin out. The answer to effective prevention lies in sufficient care.
Starting early with your hair care works out to be a lot easier emotionally as well as financially. Also, it is a known fact that preventing hair loss is a lot easier than treatment. With some sensible hair care, you will be blessed with better looks and a healthier head of hair. Here are a few things to consider –
- Pursuing a Healthy Way of Life
Just like your skin and nails, your hair too as a representative of your overall health. If you are leading a healthy life, the chances are that this will reflect on the quality of your hair. If you start experiencing hair fall, chances are that there is a possible health problem brewing inside of you.
Every healthy habit that you have eventually impacts your hair. Make sure you are getting sufficient amounts of Vitamin B, Calcium, Zinc, and Iron through regular consumption of fruits and vegetables. Also make sure that your diet is protein rich and that you drink adequate water.
- Appropriate Hair Care
Remember that dirty hair has higher chances of getting infected and experiencing hair fall. It is thus important that you invest in a good shampoo and other reliable hair products that help keep your hair clean. While shampooing your hair, focus on leaning the roots and the scalp. If you use conditioner or any other form of hair lotion, it is best to focus on the ends that tend to dry out faster and are more vulnerable to harm due to exposure to dust, pollution and sunlight.
Also, remember to trim your hair on a regular basis; not only to look and feel better but also to get rid of those split ends that make your hair look week.
- Avoiding Practices that Damage your Hair
While this seems like one is stating the obvious, but women especially need to be reminded time and again about the various practices that they adopt that prove to be unhealthy in the long run.
– Avoid wearing styles where you are expected to make braids or pony tails. Many women tend to pull back their hair so tight that it ends up uprooting itself. You can recover your hair from damage that occurs in lieu of this habit by changing it style. If not, you risk a chance of your hair permanently stop growing from the areas that experience maximum pulls.
– It is strongly recommended that you avoid any form of chemical treatment (even the organic ones) that aims to drastically alter the way your hair looks. This includes treatments for perms, straightening, hot-oil treatments, hot ironing, etc.
– Blow drying your hair regularly dries out your scalp and also harms your follicles. It is ideal to let it dry out for most parts of the time. If you must use a dryer, remember to set the heat to the lowest possible temperature.
– Combing your hair when its wet or using a rough towel also results in the pulling of some strands from the roots. Since your pores open up after a hot shower, hair is most vulnerable to breakage then.
There are also a number of home treatments that you can rely on to make sure your head offers a healthy and nurturing environment for your hair. Speak with your medical service provider for safe treatments and lifestyle alterations that help prevent any form of unwanted loss.