Visit any private clinic for consultation in India, and you will find a highly qualified doctor with degrees from abroad across the table. Be prepared. For, it is his services that you are going to pay for at the time of billing.
However, whether you will get his services upon hospitalization, is another matter. There, you are more likely to find students of medical colleges that haven’t even completed their education, or technicians who are undergoing hands on training upon you, at your service. You may even find illiterate maids rendering nursing services. Quite simply, because these are one man shows and employing qualified doctors and nurses would reduce their profit margins.
So, whether it is an expensive surgical hair restoration that you are undergoing or any other medical intervention, some questions are mandatory for you to ask before hospitalization for hair grafting in Delhi.
- How much is the doctor’s involvement in the actual FUE hair transplant, or how much of it is actually performed by him? Or does he simply draw the hairline and disappear from the scene?
- If you are undergoing FUE, find out if the doctor would perform all the follicular unit extractions?
- Will he make all of the incisions into the recipient scalp for the placement of grafts?
- Does the doctor perform these actions, assisted by his technicians or does he make only the recipient site incisions and leaves the technicians to do the extractions?
- If it is the technician doing the extractions, do find out from reliable sources if a technician without a medical degree can be allowed to break the skin 3 to 5 mm deep on a patient’s scalp, thousands of times during a single procedure?
- And lastly, how long and how often, has the technician been doing the procedure or are you his initial guinea pig?
There are four main steps in a typical Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) procedure- The extraction, Additional graft trimming and counting, Recipient site creation with a needle or a blade, and Graft insertion.
Mostly, the doctors do only 25 to 50% of this work. They remove the donor strip of the tissue, and prepare the recipient site incisions. The rest is left to the technicians who prepare the grafts for implantation to the recipient site. So look before you sign the consent form!
So, if you are planning to go for a Hair Transplant technique, then you can consult a specialist from MedLinks the best hair transplant surgeons in India.