Strands of hair falling out while shampooing, brushing or styling, or without any reason has worried us at least once in a lifetime. While few of us are lucky to grow them back with proper diet, few are not so lucky.
Fortunately, hair transplant techniques like FUE and FUT are now available across India in cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata, etc., and are affordable and hassle-free.
However, before one goes for a treatment, hair loss changes the way one perceives themselves on many psychological and emotional levels. It also makes one conscious about how people look at them, whether they do or not. Having a devastating impact on few, hair loss can also result in anxiety and depression.
Accepting the emotional distress a person feels during hair loss is important and should be addressed by techniques that are positive and help deal with the situation in a better way.
- Think positive: replacing negative thoughts with positive ones, and by focusing on one’s positive aspects than imperfect aspects is the first step that can help one accept the way they are.
- Grooming oneself and dressing up appropriately: simple gestures like a shower, a shave, wearing well-fitting clothes, etc., can boost one’s confidence and appearance. It is necessary to keep in mind that hair loss is not the end of the world when it comes down to be presentable and successful.
- Changing one’s self-image: figuring out and fixing mental barriers can be a pleasant experience and can help one see hair loss as a problem that many other people go through. Hair loss can be unpleasant, but not life threatening.
- Taking control of one’s love life: the society we live in perceives hair loss as the reason for breakups and divorce. Though the situation can be challenging, one must work on improving the overall personality rather than focusing on hair loss. When it comes down to one’s sexuality, there are many other attributes to attract the opposite sex than a head full of hair.
- Considering counselling: the emotional impact of hair loss can be eased out with professional help from a psychologist or a psychiatrist. Their coping mechanisms can help one get on with life in a positive manner.
- Getting physically fitter: self-improvement tactics like improving one’s physique can boost confidence and make one worry less about hair loss. It is also a preferred way of improving one’s personality.
- Shifting the facial focus: growing a beard, goatee, or a moustache, takes away the attention from the balding head to the face.
- Looking at the future: many a time hair loss is temporary and hair grows back with time. If not, hair transplantation is a good option to consider. The treatment is safe, cost-effective and has a good success rate.
Whether one opts for a treatment or not, it is very important to accept oneself to lead a healthy life. Improving one’s diet, adapting hairstyling tricks, hair replacement surgery, talking to an expert, etc., are healthier ways to deal with hair loss.